Curriculum Enrichment Grants & Allocations
Each year, the Woodridge PTO raises funds through events and donations. A large percentage of these fundraising efforts are given back to the school, the teachers, and the staff in the form of Curriculum & Enrichment Grants & Allocations. These grants are an important part of maintaining Woodridge's standards of excellence in education.
For the 2019-2020 school year, the Woodridge PTO Curriculum Enrichment Grants totaled $128,540.00 and funded the following:
- HANDS ON LEARNING: School Store Supplies for the “store” run by our very own Woodridge 5th graders
- READING: Book Packs so each child can have their hands on rich and meaningful literature in the classroom
- READING: Updating and maintaining a collection of books in our Library that appeal to a variety of interests, needs, and reading levels. Create life-long readers!
- MATH: Math focus Kits- hands-on manipulatives for students
- FINE ARTS: New Music stands to be utilized in our fine arts area for our strings students
- FINE ARTS: New instruments to replace broken or worn instruments.
- ENGAGING GAMES: Strategic thinking games to engage even the most reluctant learners
- ENGAGING GAMES: Breakout EDU, a physical game kit and platform where students work together to solve various puzzles to open a locked box, similar to an escape room.
- TECHNOLOGY: New wireless microphones for our gym teachers
- TECHNOLOGY: A new speaker system in our auditorium- much needed and much appreciated!
- FUEL OUR AMAZING FACULTY: Various professional development opportunities for our teachers and staff
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS: Chef SA for our PE classes to introduce and excite students about healthy eating options and so much more!
A huge thank you to our community and family donors as well as our volunteers for making these gifts to the school possible!
TEACHERS AND STAFF: Please click HERE for our Curriculum and Enrichment Grant Form