VOLUNTEER FOR WOODRIDGE DADS’ CLUB AT CARNIVAL
Carnival time is here! Woodridge Dads’ Club will be serving burgers, hot dogs, sausage wraps and brisket sandwiches at the Carnival. The WDC needs volunteers to help set-up, cook, prep and sell. Please look at the SIGN UP GENIUS below and sign up for a slot to help out at Carnival. It is a great time, for a great cause, so come on by to help out and visit with the other “Dads”.
UPDATES / ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Woodridge Dads’ Club (WDC) will be doing morning “Meet/Greets” to welcome the children to school on the FIRST and THIRD FRIDAY of every month. Come out and join us those days from 7:40am to 8:20am and greet the kids as they arrive. Just come to the front entrance in the morning, get our visitor’s badge, and choose the drop-off point you prefer. Have your kids come and help…they love it!
UPCOMING DATES: SEPT 21st / OCT 5th / OCT 19th / NOV 2nd / NOV 16th
Also, be on the lookout for information about helping the WDC at the Woodridge Carnival. This is a great time and we are looking for forward to a great turnout!
WOODRIDGE CARNIVAL: FRIDAY, OCT 26th
Email Richard Carnahan & Roger Gragg if you are interested in joining!
WDC GENERAL INFORMATION
Come one, come all! Join the Woodridge Dads’ Club and help us be a positive presence in the Woodridge community!
The Woodridge Dads’ Club, or WDC, is made up of Dads, Uncles, Grandfathers, Friends who want to be more involved in their child’s school life. This provides a great opportunity to help the school, help the kids, and meet some other “Dads”. The WDC has a couple of large events a year (one fall / one spring), that we ask everyone to participate in, and also helps out our teachers and our PTO at different points throughout the year.
Here are some of our activities:
- Woodridge Carnival (fall) – Assist with set-up; Grill burgers, brats and brisket! This is always a good time!
- GaGa Ball Tournament or Movie Night *(spring) – Organize and run a fun event for the kids after school or one evening.
- Friday Meet/Greet – 2 Fridays a month, come up to the school in the morning and greet the kids as they arrive.
- Field Trips – Attend your child’s field trip. They always need extra help!
- Bike Rodeo – help unload bikes when carpool arrives; volunteer to help out during the day.
- Volunteer in classroom – help out by reading to class, or helping with a project.
- Mentoring - The Woodridge Dads’ Club also has a long-term goal in being involved with and supportive of students that may not have a strong “father” presence in their life. This would tie into the Alamo Heights District Mentoring program and provides a fantastic opportunity to for Dads, Uncles, Grandfathers to make a small investment of time, and make a HUGE difference in some kids’ lives. We will provide information for those that are interested.
If you are interested in signing up or have any questions, please email Richard Carnahan & Roger Gragg. Also, please provide the grade level of your youngest student to help us keep our email list up to date.
Join the PTO
Click here to join us today!