WDC GENERAL INFORMATION
Come one, come all! Join the Woodridge Dads’ Club and help us be a positive presence in the Woodridge community!
The Woodridge Dads’ Club, or WDC, is made up of Dads, Uncles, Grandfathers, Friends who want to be more involved in their child’s school life. This provides a great opportunity to help the school, help the kids, and meet some other “Dads”. The WDC has a couple of large events a year (one fall / one spring), that we ask everyone to participate in, and also helps out our teachers and our PTO at different points throughout the year.
Here are examples of some of the activities we have done in the past:
- Woodridge Carnival (fall) – Assist with set-up; Grill burgers, brats and brisket! This is always a good time!
- GaGa Ball Tournament or Movie Night *(spring) – Organize and run a fun event for the kids after school or one evening.
- Friday Meet/Greet – 2 Fridays a month, come up to the school in the morning and greet the kids as they arrive.
- Field Trips – Attend your child’s field trip. They always need extra help!
- Bike Rodeo – help unload bikes when carpool arrives; volunteer to help out during the day.
- Volunteer in classroom – help out by reading to class, or helping with a project.
- Mentoring - The Woodridge Dads’ Club also has a long-term goal in being involved with and supportive of students that may not have a strong “father” presence in their life. This would tie into the Alamo Heights District Mentoring program and provides a fantastic opportunity to for Dads, Uncles, Grandfathers to make a small investment of time, and make a HUGE difference in some kids’ lives. We will provide information for those that are interested.